Become a VReel Pilot
VReel is a community platform for drone footage creators (we call them pilots) to share footage and be fairly rewarded for their contribution.
Already a Pilot? Just Login
- Earn 30% commission on all of your videos that are sold through a “one-off” purchase.
- Share in the VReel revenue generated from user subscriptions by consistently uploading footage each month. Level 1 Pilots share in 5%, Level 2 Pilots share in 10% and Level 3 Pilots share in 20% of the VReel revenues generated from user subscriptions.
Level 1Upload 10 videos per month5% share
Level 2Upload 25 videos per month10% share
Level 3Upload 50 videos per month20% share
We encourange pilot compliance with regards to following local rules and regulations. We may ask for proof of your drone license depending where you are from.
.mov or .mp4
We accept video files in the formats .mov an .mp4 - if your videos are not in these formats it is likely that they will not upload.
4K or HD Quality
We expect Pilot footage to be a minumum of 1080 HD, but recommend and encourange Pilots contribute 4K quality footage.
We accept clips that are between 5 - 60 seconds long.
Footage that is jerky, has unsmooth camera movements or lots of changes in direction will not be accepted onto the VReel platform. See our tutorial on clip trimming here.
We require all footage to have a minimum bitrate of 3mb/s.
- Apply to become a VReel Pilot by creating an account.
- Reply to your welcome email with some examples or links to your work.
- Have your application approved by a member of VReel team.
- Make sure you are well acquainted with the standard of footage required.
- Upload your footage for footage for moderation by the VReel quality assurance team.
- After moderation your footage will be availble for purchase on the VReel platform.
What our Pilots Say
Mikael Klingbjer - Sweden
“I have been a VREEL pilot since the very beginning, and it’s truly a pleasure working with this company. The system works great, the clips-approval is fast and the support (if ever needed) is really fantastic.”
If you have any more questions about becoming a pilot, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply use our live chat tool.